Society has integrated social media into the function of daily life, according to Clay Shirky’s “Here comes Everybody.”
Anyone out there scoffing at the idea of social media used as a daily tool?
Check the facts.
Facebook (according to Facebook) has:
- Over 500 million active users.
- People spend over 700 billion minutes per month on Facebook.
- There are over 900 million objects that people interact with (pages, groups, events and community pages).
- Average user is connected to 80 community pages, groups and events.
- More than 70 translations on site.
- About 70% of Facebook users are outside of the United States.
Social media is beyond the clamor for the new ‘it’ item or website. It is the digitalization of relationships. Complex interactions, group interaction and the day-to-day moments in life
The availability of groups and the ease of community interaction in the digital media world let people connect on a level not achievable before today.